In this page the complete list of events attended by LASIE partners is reported. Planned events are reported as well.
Events organised by LASIE
– 4th LASIE Workshop “LASIE: The future of criminal investigation” at the 8th International Conference on Imaging for Crime Detection and Prevention (ICDP-2017) 13-15 December, Madrid Spain http://www.icdp-conf.org/
– 3rd LASIE Workshop “LASIE– pilots for supporting investigators and forensic analysts in digital evidence analysis”, placed on 28 September 2017 at Università degli Studi di Torino – Campus Luigi Einaudi in Turin, IT. More details are available at the following link
– 2nd LASIE Workshop “LASIE– pilots for supporting investigators and forensic analysts in digital evidence analysis”, placed on 22-23 June 2016 at Metropolitan Premises premises in London, UK. More details and the program are available
– 1st LASIE Workshop “LASIE: supporting forensic analysts in digital evidence retrieval and analysis”, placed on 15-17 July 2015 at Queen Mary University premises in London, UK. More details of the program and of the workshop results are available
– IFSEC 2014, placed on 17-19 June 2014 at ExCel London, UK
– Security ESSEN 2014, placed on 23-26 September 2014 in Essen, Germany
– Expoprotection 2014, placed on 4-6 November 2014 in Paris, France
– INTERSEC Dubai 2015, placed on 18-20 January 2015 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
– APS 2015, placed on 29 September – 1 October 2015 in Paris, France
– INTERSEC Dubai 2016 placed on 17-19 January 2016 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
– Security & Policing Exhibition 2016 on 8-10 March 2016 at Five, Farnborough, UK
– Expoprotection 2016, placed on 7-9 November 2016 in Paris, France
– Intersec Dubai 2017, placed on 22-24 January 2017 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
– IFSEC 2017, placed on 20-22 June 2017 in London, UK
– IBC 2017 The Internationl Broadcasting Convention, Conference & Exhibition for Media, Entertainment and Technology professionals, 14th – 19th September 2017, Amsterdam, Netherlands
– APS 2017 o The trade fair for safety technology (Alarms Protection Security show) o 26th – 28th September 2017, Paris, France
– SICUR 2018 (Planned) The international security, safety and fire exhibition, 20th – 23rd February 2018, Madrid, Spain
– 21th IEEE International Conference on Image Processing placed on 27-30 October 2014 in Paris
– International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition (ICIAR) 2014 placed on 22 October 2014 in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
– 6th ICDP Conference – LASIE sponsorship with half a day for LASIE topics related EU projects placed on 15-17 July 2015 in London, UK
– 2nd Industrial Surveillance Day at AVSS’2015 placed on 25-28 August 2015 in Karlsruhe, Germany
– EUSIPCO’2015 placed on 31 August 2015-4 September 2015 in Nice, France
– EUROCRIM’2015 placed on 2-5 September 2015 in Port, Portugal
– ICT 2015 20-22 October 2015 in Lisbon, Portugal
– SSN 2016 (7th Biennial Survellance & society and conference) placed on 20-24 April 2016 in BArcelona, Spain
– DCASE 2016 (Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events 2016) placed on 3 September 2016 in Budapest, Hungary
– ICIP 2016 25th-28th September 2016, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
– ICDP 2016 (The international conference on Imaging and Crime Detection and Prevention) 23rd-25th November 2016, Madrid, Spain
– NIPS 2016 (The International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems) 5th-9th December 2016, Barcelona, Spain
– VISUM 2017 (5th edition of VISion Understanding and Machine intelligence Summer School) 7th-14th July 2017, Porto, Portugal
– ICDP 2017 (The international conference on Imaging and Crime Detection and Prevention) 13th-15th December 2017, Madrid, Spain
Talks/keynotes at universities
– Davis, J.P. (keynote). Super Recognisers: The theory ‘Super Recognisers’: Practice, Law and Policy. Northumbria School of Law, University of Northumbria, 14 April 2015. With DCI Mick Neville (MPS), A/S Paul Smith (MPS) and three MPS Super Recognizers (SRs). Additional audience: lawyers, academics and senior civil servants.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). Super-recognisers in the police and general public. University of Hull, 15 April 2015.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). ‘Super-recognisers’ in the Metropolitan Police: Do they all possess superior face recognition ability? York Applied Face Recognition Meeting, University of York, 4 June 2015
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). Technology and face recognition. University of Central Lancashire, Preston, 10 June 2015.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). Super-recognisers in the police and the general public. British Psychological Society: Wessex Branch.University of Winchester, 16 September 2015.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk) Super-recognisers in the London Metropolitan Police Service. Pre-SARMAC Face Day Workshop, University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, 23 June 2015.
– Davis, J.P. (2015, invited talk). Super-recognisers in the police and the general public. British Psychological Society: Wessex Branch. University of Winchester, 16 September 2015.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). Memory, wrongful convictions, face blindness and super-recognition, Greenwich Volunteer Police Cadets, University of Greenwich, 3 February 2016.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). Super-recognisers in the police and general public. Department of Psychology, University of Newcastle, 19 February 2016.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). Super-recognisers in London’s Metropolitan Police Service.
Bangladesh Police Bureau of Investigation, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 22 February 2016.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). Super-recognisers in the Metropolitan Police Service. Jill Dando Institute of Security and Crime Science, University College London, 16 March 2016.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). The diverse operational skills of police super-recognisers, Forensics Europe Expo, Olympia, London (UK), 19-20 April 2016.
– Davis, J.P. (invited talk). The identification of super-recognisers for identity verification. Person recognition in security settings Workshop, University of Portsmouth, 2 June 2016.
– Open day organized on the 15th May 2015 by the Centre for Research and Technology Hellas/Information Technologies Institiute, in order to present ongoing research projects (including LASIE) to general public, Greek companies and other interested organisations and stakeholders
– Seminar with Roger Clarke at PRIO on 29 August 2016: “The Contested Semantics of ‘Security’ and the Curious Case of Privacy Impact Assessments applied to National Security Initiatives”. The report of the event is available at: LASIE_Clarke_seminar_FINAL_ok_cleanv2
– Seminar with Mireille Hildebrandt at PRIO planned on on 18 November: “Artificial Police Agents: Looking Awry”. More information is availabel at: Artificial Police Agents: Looking Awry
– Seminar with Gemma Galdon Clavell at PRIO on 17 February 2017: “Not so Smart Cities? A Guide to Helping Cities Develop Ethical Data Strategies”. The report of the event is available at LASIE_Not so Smart Cities
– Seminar with Mark B. Salter at PRIO on 13 June 2017: “From Risk Management to Security Culture: the Changing Organization of Security”. The report of the event is available at From Risk Management to Security Culture, LASIE Seminar Report 4
Dissemination in workshops
– MediaEval 2015 Workshop, held in Barcelona (Spain) on 16-17 October 2014.
– ADVISE Liaison workshop and Videosense 2014 Winter School, placed in Pont Saint Martin, Valled d’Aosta (Italy), on the 24th-26th November 2014
– ADVISE roundtable on (privacy) impact assessments as a response to (smart) surveillance, 8th Computers, Privacy and Data Protection (CPDP) 2015 conference placed on 21th January 2015 in Brussels (Belgium)
– AN2V (National Association about Videoprotection) thematic meeting on the videosurvellance “How to efficiently protect a site ?”, held in Paris (France) on 15 March 2016. LASIE approach was presented in the third roundtable: “Which solutions to ease the processing of recorded video data?” – www.an2v-pixel.com/article.php?r=108&a=.
– P-REACT final trials event, held on 31 March 2016 in Bologna (Italy).
– CBRN Forensics Conference, organised by the GIFTG CBRN project in Brussels on the 15th March 2016.
– Smart Prevent final Seminar, held on 26 April in Las Rozas de Madrid (Spain).
Dissemination to specialized audience
– Discussions between IMT and Gendarmerie française:
– British Transport Police (national force) briefed by MET on CCTV and LASIE, 2nd February 2015
– Professor Tom Sorrell, ethics expert, briefed by MET on CCTV and LASIE, 6th February 2015
– Formal presentation of LASIE by ACIC to Jean-François Lespes (Departemental Directorate of Public Security, Haute Garonne, France), 23rd April 2015.
– Briefs with New York Police Department and several UK police departments July-September 2015
– Davis, J.P. The diverse operational skills of police super-recognisers. Forensics Europe Expo, Olympia, London, 19-20 April 2016
– New ways of harnessing images for law enforcement and national security. The Chartered Society of Forensic Scientists, Oxford, 21 October 2016. Davis, J.P. (2016: invited talk).
– CCTV and recognition evidence by super-recogniser witnesses. Trading Standards Investigation Seminar Exeter Racecourse, Exeter, Devon, 5 October 2017.